This workshop will be presented outdoors, under canopies, with privacy fencing, in a garden space, with socially distanced tables, and everyone wearing masks. Since the event will be outdoors, participants should be open to accepting common environmental annoyances like neighbors mowing lawns, possible construction noise, kids skateboarding, conversations of passersby, inclement weather, etc.
9am-6pm on Friday, Saturday, Sunday
9am-1pm on Monday
maximum 8 students
27 CEUs | read reviews | listen to interviews
30% discount for students repeating the course; use coupon “repeat” at checkout
prerequisite: must be licensed to practice massage, or enrolled in massage school
please scroll down to review covid precautions for this event.
Beginning Biodynamic Massage
Learn how to access stillpoints and quietude while performing massage. Modify pressure and direction of movement during massage to connect with the cranial field and let it release the tension for you. Be guided by the client’s own healing forces. Explore a sensation-based subtle approach to massage that goes beyond intuition and prescribed treatment protocols
This is a small class setting with expert hands-on assistance. Learn how to reach the client’s own self-healing potentcy. Take clients to new depths of relaxation and well being. Avoid burn-out by working in a way that is always fresh, responsive and dynamic. Give clients the experience which increases re-booking and word-of-mouth referrals. read more…
You will learn how to palpate connective tissue densities and modify your pressure, direction and surface area of contact to elicit change via the cranial system. To follow the body fascia to the source of issues and work where healing resources are already gathered. A way to warm up areas for work that is unique, thorough and primes the system for self healing.
Todd Jackson began developing Biodynamic Massage in 1994. After 15 years of dedicated refinement, he began teaching this approach in 2009. Todd maintains an inclusive and supportive learning environment by bringing patient presence, humor, sensitive observation skills, experienced and sophisticated hands-on guidance to students. He maintains a high teacher to student ratio, favoring learning and transformation. Ongoing support is available after workshops via Supplements, Treatment Exchanges, Feedback Sessions and Mentorship.
What did you value most about this training?
- Compared to other CE’s, it was the perfect balance of giving & receiving so I didn’t feel completely drained after each 8 hour day. The material was presented in a clear way and in a TANGIBLE, useful way.
- I really enjoyed being able to take my deep tissue practice to another level by allowing the receiver’s body to guide me rather than my will and intention.
- I love your explanations – the way you can describe a felt sense so that I can then get there.
- Not too much ‘special sharing circle.’ The amount of actual practice and hands on assistance was fantastic. Your crowd control was respectful and dynamic.
- I love that it’s so experiential. I love Todd’s good-humored approach + ability to notice and accentuate everyone’s strengths.
- I loved the caring, authentic, close-in instruction, modeling & corrections – and appreciate the supportive intention behind them.
- The instruction was superb & the personal help while practicing was essential.
To increase our confidence in attending, we are asking all attendees to commit to enhanced social distancing for 10 days prior to the event. This means strict adherence to mask wearing in public spaces, avoidance of large social gatherings and long distance travel (airplane trips, train trips, bus rides). Please refrain from eating within restaurants or visiting bars. Face masks will be worn by all participants, assistants, and teacher during the course, regardless of vaccination status.
If any participant develops any cold or flu symptoms, tests positive for COVID, has been exposed to anyone with cold or flu symptoms or someone who has had a positive COVID test within 10 days of this workshop, they will have their deposit and tuition reimbursed in full and their space will go to someone on the wait list.
To comply with WHA guidelines we will do a final check-in the day before the event, emailing the following questions.
1) Have you had a new or worsening cough, shortening of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, vomiting, diarrhea?
2) Have you or has anyone in your house been in contact with anyone with these symptoms or anyone who has been diagnosed with, or tested for, COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
3) Have you been in gatherings of 6 or more people, who do not live in your household, in the last 10 days? This includes protests, memorials, weddings, work activities, and holiday gatherings.
4) Have you or has anyone in your house traveled by plane, train or bus in the 10 days prior to the workshop?
5) Do you have any symptoms of illness, however slight, even of a common cold?
If someone is unable to respond ‘no’ to all questions, then they will not be able to attend. If the teacher is unable to respond ‘no’ to all four questions, then the event will be canceled.