This workshop will be presented indoors, with fully vaccinated students, assistants and teacher. Students can opt to wear a mask or be unmasked. Vaccination status to be verified upon registration.
9am-1pm and 2:30-6pm, Friday thru Sunday
9am-1pm on Monday
27 CEUs | listen to interviews
30% discount for students repeating the course
use coupon “repeat” during checkout process
Before registering for this course, practitioners must have successfully completed “Beginning Biodynamic Massage,” received 10+ biodynamic massage treatments (5 from the list of approved providers), given 10+ 90-minute biodynamic massage treatments. Proof of completion must be handed in prior to registration. Send your completed BIODM Practice Log to Todd via email.
Develop the ability to palpate quietude in the client’s central channel. Monitor the central channel quietude while massaging local connective tissue hypertonicities, adhesions and other restrictions. Discover how to enable healing in the space between your hands, while each hand is performing its own local treatment
The Intermediate Biodynamic Massage workshop challenges bodyworkers to broaden their perceptive faculties to include the whole of the client in each moment. We will explore how to make massage a three dimensional, unifying experience that brings a sense of integrated wholeness for the client.
Learn how to…
- advance your skills with pressure, vector, surface area contact
- palpate with your pineal gland, to bring your presence where it is needed most in the moment for the client
- palpate the client’s central channel and monitor their baseline quietude
- treat with both hands in different locations, working each location individually as well as the space in-between
- apply integrative effleurage to reconnect dissociated regions, leaving the client feeling three dimensional and whole
We will do a final check-in the day before the event, emailing the following questions. Please be mindful of these items so that you’re still eligible to attend. Please note that students, assistants, and teachers will not be able to attend if they have common cold/flu symptoms.
1) Have you had a new or worsening cough, shortening of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, vomiting, diarrhea?
2) Have you or has anyone in your house been in contact with anyone with these symptoms or anyone who has been diagnosed with, or tested for, COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
3) Have you been in gatherings of 10 or more people, of unknown vaccination status, who do not live in your household, in the last 5 days? This includes protests, memorials, weddings, work activities, and holiday gatherings.
4) Have you or has anyone in your house traveled by plane, train or bus in the 5 days prior to the workshop?
5) Do you have any symptoms of illness, however slight, even of a common cold?
If someone is unable to respond ‘no’ to all questions, then they will not be able to attend. If the teacher is unable to respond ‘no’ to all four questions, then the event will be canceled.